Local Support Groups
United Hands Hospice
520 S. Galbraith St.
Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013
- One-On-One Grief Support - Bereavement Coordinator Naomi Segar is a certified bereavement facilitator with United Hands Hospice, and she offers one on one companioning with people in the community who are grieving.
- Grief support groups - These groups are offered in three or four different locations throughout Faribault County, three times per year. Contact United Hands Hospice for current dates and locations.
Fairmont Medical Center Hospice
Marcia K. Smith, Director
800 Medical Center Drive
Fairmont, MN 56031-0800
- Bereavement Coordinator, Russ Steele leads grief support groups that are held several times a year. Please contact Janelle Shearer for schedule.
Crossroads Community Hospice
Mary Ann Bowman RN, OCN, CRNH
Albert Lea, MN 56007
- Bereavement Coordinator, Jacke Carstens, LBSW, offers grief support for individuals. Please contact Mary Ann Bowman for more information.
Immanuel St. Joseph Hospice
1025 Marsh Street
Mankato, MN. 56002-8673
Phone: 507-385-2989 or 1-800-327-3721, ext. 2989
- Immanuel St. Joseph Hospice hosts four and six week grief seminars, individual counseling and ongoing groups. Please contact Erin Barnett, Bereavement Coordinator for more information. Groups included are
- Thresholds - A support group of individuals under the age of 60 who are grieving the loss of a spouse.
- Weavers - A support group of individuals over the age of 60 who are grieving the loss of a spouse.