Patton Funeral Home and Cremation Service
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

 

History


Patton Horse-Hearse

John W. Kamrar Residence

Forsman Funeral Home 1950
Founded in 1895 by J.A. Coning, Patton Funeral Home and Cremation Service is believed to be the first funeral home built in Faribault County. Beginning as a combination funeral home and furniture store, its first location was on Main Street in Blue Earth, where the dance studio is now located. The funeral home has a long and proud history of quality service to the Blue Earth area and surrounding communities. 

Mr. Coning retired in 1928, and the two businesses continued to be operated by his son, Wayne Coning. In 1936 the funeral home was sold to Mr. James Cook.

A second funeral home was opened in the mid 1920’s at the J. Kamrar residence in Blue Earth, which was owned and operated by Mrs. Minnie Burke. The Kamrar location was sold in 1946 to Mr. Alfred L. Forsman, and in 1948, Mr. Forsman expanded the funeral home by adding a chapel to the existing structure.

John M. Patton purchased the funeral home on Main Street from Mr. Cook, in 1963. Mr. Patton and Mr. Forsman later partnered to begin the Forsman-Patton Funeral Home, operating out of both chapels until 1969. An expansion and renovation project was completed in order to double the square footage of the West 6th Street location, allowing the funeral home to accommodate the growing community. 

After Mr. Forsman retired, John Patton solely owned and operated the Patton Funeral Home. In 1984, in an effort to serve the many families in surrounding communities, Mr. Patton purchased the Wicks Funeral Home in Elmore from Tom Wicks, and the funeral home name was changed to Forsman-Patton-Wicks Funeral Home. 

In January of 1999, Tom Vertin, a third generation Minnesota funeral director, purchased the funeral service, and Bob Kennedy, licensed director, later purchased ownership interest. While working together, they have been able to continue the commitment of superior service to Blue Earth and surrounding area families. 

In 2003, an open house was held at our new facility, located at 400 East 14th Street in Blue Earth. The new spacious facility is 100% handicapped accessible, and offers a warm inviting atmosphere for friends and family to gather and to celebrate the life of their loved one. 

At Patton Funeral Home and Cremation Service, we know that it takes more than just a building to serve families, but we are excited to be able to offer the families of Blue Earth and the surrounding area a new facility, where service will be, as always, second to none.

Home   •   Contact Us   •   Mobile Site   •   400 East 14th Street   •   Blue Earth, MN 56013   •   Phone: 507-526-2102   •   Fax: 507-526-7208   •   Email: info@pattonfh.com
© Copyright  2010-2014 Patton Funeral Home and Cremation Service and FuneralNet®
Owner: Thomas Vertin  
To express condolences, click a name and sign their guestbook.
Vicki Lynne Christensen-Johnston Vicki Christensen-Johnston
April 26th, 2014
Ruth Evelyn Krusemark Ruth Krusemark
April 17th, 2014
Gene  Mikolai Gene Mikolai
April 9th, 2014
James  Phipps James Phipps
April 8th, 2014
Gertrude S. Mohr Gertrude Mohr
April 5th, 2014
Helen  Smith Helen Smith
March 27th, 2014
Sherman  Olson Sherman Olson
March 24th, 2014
Esther Lillian Hanson Esther Hanson
March 15th, 2014
Helen  Kabe Helen Kabe
March 10th, 2014